I receive the error-message “Failed to start. Please check if the service APCS is running” when I try to run a new version of the penDirector, why?
The penDirector installation has failed, you need to uninstall and re-install penDirector.
- If you had an old version installed before running into this problem, then you should:
- Uninstall the latest version.
- Re-install the old version.
- Uninstall old version.
- Install the latest version. It is very important that no other installation (such as Windows update) is running when installing penDirector, that is what causes this problem.
- If you haven’t had an old version of penDirector installed, then you should:
- Uninstall penDirector.
- Re-install penDirector.
- Install penDirector again, making certain that no other installation (such as Windows update) is running when installing penDirector. That is what causes this problem.