ALF - Can I move my pen between different ALF servers?
I've registered my pen on 1 ALF server but want to move it to a different one. Is this possible?
This is possible but specific steps have to be followed to achieve this. They are:
- Delete the pen from ALF server A & generate a *.synchronize-file
- Email that *.synchronize-file over to our Support-team at email@example.com
- Import the returned *.zip-file from our Support-team back into your ALF server A
- Now add the pen to your ALF server B as a 'New device' & generate a *.activate-file
- Email that *.activate-file over to our Support-team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Import the returned *.zip-file from our Support-team back into your ALF server B
And that is it, you have now successfully moved your pen from your ALF server A → ALF server B.
- The pen's remaining software license will remain unchanged between ALF servers.
- You are unable to replace a registered ALF pen with another registered ALF pen; you can only replace a registered ALF pen with an unregistered ALF pen, in order to take over the registered pen's unused software license (i.e. because it has broken).