- Live Pen™ 2
- Live Pen™ 2 Professional
The primary function of penDirector is to handle the data transfer of handwriting stroke information from a digital pen to a PC. In addition to this, penDirector also contains utility functionality to assist in the configuration and management of digital pens with respect to firmware updates and encryption key installation when used in conjunction with Anoto's Base Kit for Encryption.
Depending on the pen model being used, some of the features of penDirector include:
- Forwarding of stroke data to registered applications through the Pen Data Transfer feature
- Support for AP-701x & Live Pen™ 2 encryption
- Forward and/or notify Windows SDK based applications with pen data
- Get information from the pen, such as used memory, battery status, pen license information, etc.
- Get and set the pen clock, be able to set a custom Bluetooth pen name and be able to perform a factory reset of the pen
- Enable or disable Bluetooth and the ability to enable Bluetooth discoverability on the pen
- Enable different settings for how synchronization should take place when the pen is docked via USB
- See a log of previous synchronizations, including their status
- Dependent on the pen model, be able to configure and set a password on the pen to prevent its data being involuntarily accessed
- Upgrade the firmware in the pen using the built-in penUpgrader utility
- Install keys and certificates using the built-in penKeyLoader utility
It is possible to customise the installation of penDirector to fit the end customer’s requirements. Different parameter values can be set as default and they can be set to be fixed. You can also hide areas of information and parameters to the user.
penDirector can be adapted to different languages using the localization feature. If you want to localize to a language that is not supported, you can easily include you own translations.
Supported languages are English, French, German and Japanese.
PEN DATA TRANSFER
penDirector includes a feature called ‘Pen Data Transfer’ which is responsible for the forwarding of data from the pen to a location or nominated application.
By configuring specified pattern addresses, the Pen Data Transfer facility can create a PGC (pen generated coordinates) file from the specified pattern addresses and either place it in a folder or forward it to a specified receiving Application Service Handler (ASH). Several different “applications” with different specifications can be setup and handled and the system comes with two pre-set configurations:
- Synched Encrypted Data. How to handle synched encrypted data
- Anoto Forms Solution. AFS is a discontinued product but the pen data transfer application remains for backward compatibility reasons.
The penKeyLoader utility is used to install a certificate and signing key into a digital pen when used in conjunction with Anoto's Base Kit for Encryption solution. For more details about encryption and the supported devices/requirements, please refer to the Anoto Encryption documentation on the Anoto support website or download the relevant product data sheet.
Download the Product Data Sheet from here.