Announcement Date October, 2016
We are pleased to announce updates to the following firmware packages for Live Pen™ products :-
- Live Pen 2 and Live Pen 2 Professional firmware version 2.0.2 General Available (GA) release
- Live Pen 2 firmware version 1.4.1 End-of-Life (EoL) notification
Please read the following information carefully. It is not mandatory to update to the latest firmware release version but if you do, you need to ensure you are using the correct versions of associated products developed using the latest Encryption and Windows SDK’s from Anoto (see below for details).
Live Pen™ 2 / Live Pen™ 2 Professional FW 2.0.2
- Improved shipment mode stability
- Ability to turn pen LCD off when PC in suspend mode
- Password protection functionality added
- Various bug fixes (see associated readme.txt file for details)
- Ink data format update to STF2 v2.2 to support pen SYSTEM_TIME in STF2 to PGC conversion
- AFP Pattern Segment support
In order to use this firmware, please ensure any related software that uses the Anoto Encryption or Windows SDK’s supports the STF2 v2.2 ink format or later :-
- Anoto Live™ Encryption SDK for Linux Version 1.0.2
- Anoto Live™ Encryption SDK for Windows Version 1.0.2
- Anoto Live™ SDK for Windows Version 1.4.0
- Anoto penDirector 2.10
For more information, please refer to the Live Pen™2/Professional Firmware 1.x and 2.x compatibility article.
To download the latest firmware, please refer to the Firmware Downloads section
Software using the Anoto Mobile SDK’s is not affected.
For Anoto Live Forms version 4.5.0 and lower, pen firmware version 1.x should be used.
Live Pen 2 firmware version 1.4.1 End of Life
With the release of the 2.x firmware, we are placing the 1.4.1 firmware into maintenance mode meaning no new features will be developed in this branch but it will be continued to be supported until April 2017. Any significant bugs found during maintenance will be fixed but you should always consider upgrading to the latest 2.x release to ensure compatibility with all current Anoto software products.
All previous versions of Live Pen 2 firmware < 1.4.1 are no longer supported.