You must be using an iOS device with Bluetooth 4 (iPhone 4s) or later.
Pairing a Live Pen 2 to an iPhone requires the support of a registered application (for example the Anoto Live forms router, SDK Sample application or a 3rd party pen router product) that has the pairing functionality built-in. it is not possible to pair the pen directly to the iPhone from the phones bluetooth menu.
The steps to pair your Live Pen 2 to you iPhone are :-
- Install your iOS compatible ink router application
- Remove any existing digital pen pairing(s)
- Enable 'discoverable' mode in the pen by either a) docking the pen with a Windows PC running penDirector or b) tick a Send box on an Anoto enabled form (this assumes the pen doesn't have any existing pairing)
- Follow your iOS application's pairing process to scan for the available device
- Choose your discovered pen from the pop-up window on your iOS device.
- Accept pairing.
Remember that with iOS, previous pairings can cause issues and they should always be removed from the device before pairing with the pen.
Live Pen 2 supports the 'Just Works' pairing functionality of the Bluetooth 'Simple and Secure' specification, which removes the need to use a PIN code.