Pen Firmware Upgrade Guide
Live Pen™ 1 and Live Pen™ 2
Upgrading the pen firmware in your Live Pen™ is very simple. This guide will take you through the steps of upgrading your pen using a Windows PC and a USB connected pen. Follow the instructions below or download the guide from the link at the bottom of this article.
Please note: Upgrading the pen firmware will erase all data and settings in the pen and revert Bluetooth PIN codes to their factory default setting.
- Ensure that no pre-existing Anoto based software is installed e.g. PenDirector older than 2.6, PenPusher, LivePDF etc. Uninstall and reboot as required.
- Download and install the latest penDirector.
- Download the latest firmware update.
- In penDirector, right-click the system tray icon and select General
- Select penUpgrader.
- Dock the pen and select your pen from the drop down box, or leave it as the default to upgrade more than one pen.
- Browse to your chosen firmware file.
- Click Install and wait for the process to complete.
- When complete, check the firmware is now showing the new version number.
The process takes approx 30 seconds after which the pen will reboot, reconnect and vibrate 3 times. If the upgrade is unsuccessful, check that there is no other pen software running and start the process again.
You can download a detailed version of the pen firmware upgrade process here.