Live Pen™ 1 - Master reset
How do I perform a reset of my Live Pen™ 1?
There are two kinds of reset. A soft reset will just restart the pen. In certain circumstances it is necessary to reset a pen back to it's factory defaults. Carrying out this procedure will remove all user data from the pen, including all pen strokes and Bluetooth pairings.
- Soft reset - Use a paper clip, or something similar to gently depress the reset button (on the label side of the pen, just below the cap)
- Master reset - To reset a pen back to factory defaults you must:
1. Remove the pen lid and hold the pen vertically with the point touching a blank piece of ordinary (non-patterned) paper.
2. While applying some light downward pressure onto the paper, (use a paper clip, or something similar) to gently depress the reset button (on the label side of the pen, just below the cap) and hold it for at least 3 seconds. Do not remove the pen from the paper.
- Continue to apply downward pressure and remove the paper clip. Wait for the three LEDs to stop flashing and two should change to a solid yellow state.
- Remove the pen from the paper. It will pause briefly and then vibrate three times to indicate a successful hard reset.
The pen will need to be re-paired with your mobile device and other settings re-applied.
Live Pen™ 1 (DP-201)